Email invitations to survey/quiz
Send email invitations with the link to your survey/quiz/campaign to your respondents.
Import the names and email addresses of your respondents (people who will take the survey/quiz/campaign) and link them to one or several groups. Send emails to these groups with the invitation to take the survey/quiz.
Professional clients get to send 2000 emails per month, Enterprise clients get to send 5000 emails per month.
1 Create your groups
Start by creating one or more groups to whom you want to send an invitation. These groups can be based on departments, areas, companies, job functions, ...
Click on Respondents in the left menu and choose Groups.
Click on Create Group to create a new group. Give in the name of the group and click on Create.
Now your group will appear in the list.
- Click on Create Group to create another group.
- This number determines how many of your groups you get to see per page.
- Here you can search one of your groups by typing in the name of the group.
- This is the name of your group. Click on the name to change it.
- This is the number of respondents that you've assembled in the group.
- Click on View respondents to get a list of all the respondents of that group.
- Click on Delete to delete your group.
- If you want to delete all of your groups, click on Delete all Groups.
2 Add your respondents
Go to Respondent and click on Overview in the left menu.
Import your Respondents by clicking on Import Respondents. Here you upload a CSV file with the respondents you'd like to add. You obtain this CSV file by entering the First Name, Last Name, Email, External ID and Group (If you want to add this respondent to two groups separate your group by '|': Group1|Group2) into an Excel file. Mind that the order of the columns are important, when you don't enter an External ID there should be an empty column before the column of the Group. If the Group doesn't exist yet it will be created by uploading the CSV file. When you're done click on Save As and choose CSV as filetype.
You can also add Respondents one by one (e.g.: when you've forgotten a respondent or a new one has to be added to the current list) by clicking on Create New Respondent.
Fill in the First name, Last Name, Email address and External ID, and choose to which group you want to add this Respondent.
Click here for more information about Respondent Management and how to include information in a URL.
3 Add your Respondents to a group
You've created a group and Respondents, now we're going to add these respondents to our group. (If you haven't indicated the group already when you uploaded your respondents.)
You can add your Respondents to a group one by one by clicking on the green button Add to Group next to the Respondent.
If you want to add several Respondents to a group at once you can check the boxes next to the Respondents and click on the orange button Add To Group.
Three buttons that are also important on the Overview page are:
- the Delete button: It deletes the Respondent on that row
- the Delete All Respondents button: It deletes all Respondents at once
- the Export Respondents button: It provides you with a CSV (easily convertible to Excel) file of all the Respondents in your overview.
4 Creating the email
Go to Respondent and click on Email in the left menu.
Click on Create Email to write your email invitation.
Start composing your email. Use the Email variables to enter the link of your survey/quiz/campaign and many more.
- When you're all done you can send a test email to your own email address.
- Enter the name of your survey/quiz/campaign.
- Enter the subject line of your email.
- Choose the sender of the email, you can enter a personal name or company name.
- Enter the email address you want to use to send out the emails. If you want a custom email address as Sender Address (other than @surveyanyplace.com or @su.vc) some DNS (Domain Name System) settings are required by you. Contact email@example.com for more information.The reply-to address will always be the email address you set in the Sender Address (so when a user replies to the email it will be sent to this address). The actual email sent from our application will however be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org if the Sender Address is not verified.
- Choose one or more groups to send the invitation email to.
- Enter the text of your email here. Use the icons to make your text bold, to color your text, to adjust the alignment of your text, ...
- Schedule your email. Choose a date and time in the calendar when you want your email to be send.
All done? Add a Reminder email. This Reminder email will be sent to the people who haven't taken the quiz yet after a period of time after the first email invitation was send.
When you've composed all of your emails, save your progress.
In the left menu of Emails you'll find an overview of your emails. Here you can delete the email by clicking on the red bin and you can edit the email and its reminders by clicking on the name of the email.
By clicking on the grey overview button next to the email you get to see the details of the email you've sent. You will be able to see if the email was received, opened and whether or not the links were clicked on. Click on Refresh to see the most recent results.