Email Templates (after survey/quiz)
Email Templates allow you to send a specific email based on your Business Rules.
1 Get started
Create a new quiz or survey by clicking on the orange + Create New button.
Add your first question by clicking on the green Add First Question + button.
2 Set your Email Templates
Go to Extra Options and choose Email Templates.
Add a new Email Template by clicking on the green + Add Email Template.
Open ‘Email Variables’ to help you set up your email.
The Email Variables are variables which you can use in your Email Template and they allow you to personalize the emails. E.g.: If you type *|CF1|* in your email, it will be replaced with the text that the respondent enters in the first custom field ‘Name‘. This way you can address the respondent personally without having to set up different emails for all the respondents.
- Send your respondents their score as a reminder or in order that they can take a look at how they’ve done. You can add a piece of advice depending on the score.
- Use this variable to fill in Recipients. This way the email addresses respondents filled in in your survey will be used as recipients.
- You can repeat questions, answers and scores to formulate a piece of advice or steps the respondent has to undertake after completing the survey, or just to provide your respondent with an overview of his answers.
You can also use Outcomes in the Email Template: *|OUTCOMETITLE|*,*|OUTCOMETEXT|* or *|OUTCOMEIMAGE|*
Set up your email using the Email Variables.
- Template Title: This is the working title. Make sure it contains the purpose or meaning of the email in order that it will be clear later on which email you want to send in which situation. This title cannot be changed afterwards.
- Email Subject: This is the subject recipients see before they open the mail. You can choose to enter the title of the survey by using the Email Variables.
- Sender Address: Enter the email address you want to use to send out the emails. If you want a custom email address as Sender Address (other than @surveyanyplace.com or @su.vc) some DNS (Domain Name System) settings are required by you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.The reply-to address will always be the email address you set in the Sender Address (so when a user replies to the email it will be sent to this address). The actual email sent from our application will however be sent from email@example.com if the Sender Address is not verified.
- Sender Name: Enter your name to make the email more personal. You can also enter the company name.
- Recipients: Enter the email of the recipient by using the variable that indicates the place where you’ve asked their email address. (In the example it would be *|CF2|*)
- Email Body: This is the text of the email. You can choose which information you want to include. You can include links as well. Use the format buttons to change the lay-out of the text.
- Test Email: By clicking on this green button you can test your email in order that you are sure that the variables are used in a correct way.
- Delete: By clicking on the red bucket you can delete the Email Template.
Add as many Email Templates as the number of different emails you want to send.
E.g.: the first Email Template is going to be send to everyone to inform them of their score and to formulate a piece of advice. The second Email Template is going to be sent only to the respondents with a really low score to offer them a personal training.
Make sure you save your changes.
3 Set the logic of your quiz/survey
Go to Business Rules in tab Extra Options.
More information about the possibilities and how to use Business Rules can be found here.
Currently you can set a business rule depending on:
- Quiz score on survey
- Quiz score on question
- Custom score on survey
- Custom score on question
- Answer on question
Add a new Business Rule by clicking on the green + Add Business Rule button.
Set your Business Rules by adjusting the drop down menus. Add conditions by clicking on the green ‘+’-button to specify when an email should be send. Use the red ‘-‘-button to delete one of your specifications, use the red bucket-button to delete your entire Business Rule. Add as many Business Rules as you need to send all of your emails.
In this example the first Business Rule is set to send an email to all the respondents regardless of their answers. You can use the same settings if you want to send an email to all the respondents who have filled in your survey.
The second Business Rule is set to send an email to the respondents who’ve scored lower than 5 on the survey/quiz.
Make sure to save your progress.
Congratulations, you’ve made a quiz/survey that sends an email to the respondent, depending on his or her answers.