Form Questions are mostly used for demographic questions. Most people use this question type to make use of the validation features and make sure the data is entered in the correct way. E.g.: the email contains an ‘@’, the date is written in the same way in all the surveys to avoid mistakes, … Mind that you won’t be able to filter on these questions later on when you analyse your results.
Form Questions contain Drop downs, Date pickers, Email-checkers etc. All of which will be explained below. All Form Elements will show on the same page.
2 Add a form question
Click on the green + Add Question button.
Your Form Question is added. Now add your question.
- This is your question number. To keep a clear view, you can fold the questions you’re not editing at the moment by clicking on the arrow.
- Changed your mind about the question type? Here you can change it immediately in another type. Your question will remain but your answers will disappear.
- Here you can change the order of your questions. Choose which question number you want it to become.
- Copy your question
- Delete your question
- Insert your question here and change the layout using the rich text editor icons. More information about the meaning of these icons and what they do here.
3 Form details
- Enter your question here.
- Text Area: This Form Element gives the respondent a large area to fill in the answer or specifics you asked for.
- Text – Single line: If you don’t need a lot of information, a single line will limit your respondent to only fill in the information you need and ask for.
- E-mail: This box checks the ‘@‘ and the tale of the email address to make sure people add a real email address. If the text doesn’t have the structure of an email address, the text will stay red until it does.
- Date: To make sure everyone writes the date in the same way, you can use a Date Field. This field allows the respondent to choose a date from a calendar. This way the date has the same notation in all reports.
- Number: Need only a number such as an age or phone number? Choose the Number Field. Only numbers and no text can be entered in this field.
- Drop down: When respondents click on the box, a field with answers will appear out of which they can choose one.
- If you change your mind about an element, you can delete it here.
- Add more form elements here.
- Enter the answers of your drop down here. Separate each answer by using a comma.
- Mandatory: If you make a question mandatory, this means the respondent is obliged to answer the question before moving forward with the survey. If you switch Mandatory to Yes, more Yes/No buttons will appear next to every Form Element. This way you can choose for every Form Element whether or not the respondent is obliged to answer.
- Media file: Add an image, video, GIF or audio to make your quiz or survey more entertaining.
Tip: Your file has to be under 10 MB. Not to worry, this is already quite a file.
You can also use a YouTube video by pasting a YouTube link here after you’ve pressed the red Add YouTube video button.
4 Form validations
Besides the calendar to pick a date and the automatic email validation there are three more fields where you can add a validation: Text – Area, Text – Single Line and Number (Which already only allows numbers).
Switch the Custom Validation feature below the question to Yes.
A drop down will appear next to the form elements where you can select the type of validations.
Select the option you want. The US Phone number is a standard option. (If you need another standard option you can contact us) If you choose one of the three options with number of characters a box will appear where you can enter the number of min/max/exact characters.