How to Brand Your Quiz or Survey
You have an awesome company logo and want to use it to create a nice, personalized questionnaire? If you're still looking for inspiration here's an awesome tool I found to try and create your first logo.
To brand your survey with just a few simple clicks, we’ll use the Survey Anyplace tool. Create a free account by clicking on the link.
Branding your quiz or survey
Step 1: Go to Design
To the left, you will see a few options when you click on Survey. To add a logo choose Design.
A screen similar to this should appear:
- 1. Here you can upload your logo. It will automatically be resized to 400px height.
- 2. If you want a custom background, the image can be uploaded here. If you want more information about the background simply click this link.
- 3. Don’t even worry about layout, our tool will automatically pick the 3 most prominent colors in your logo to make the survey feel like everything else of your communication!
In the next steps I’ll tell you more into detail about the design options.
Step 2: Add your logo
Once you press ‘choose file’ the following menu will appear:
- 1. Here is a list of possible options to upload your file. Among them are local files, a link, Facebook images, Google Photos, …
- 2. This is the menu of the upload option you chose. It will change according to what you indicate in the sidebar.
Step 3: Change the background
The same menu as changing the logo will appear. For best results we suggest a minimum width of 1920 px. If you plan on making a mobile survey, a minimum width of 621 px and height of 1104 px will work best.
Step 4: Change colors
As stated before, the colors will automatically be chosen based on the logo of the company you upload.
You can change the color of almost every element you want by clicking on the squares. Then a menu will appear giving you the choice of choosing the color you want.
If you still want to adjust the colors, simply select the squares. The outer circle allows you to scroll through general colors, the inner square is for subtle color changes. If you have the hex color code, you can type it in the section left to the square. If you want to adjust the color of more specific elements, select the More colors option. Click here for a more thorough explanation about the color options.
If you don’t want to spend a lot of time altering the design of your survey, you’ll find plenty of templates to choose from under Design Templates. With one easy click the text color, background and the layout are changed. All elements can still be adjusted to your liking.
Step 5: Extra options
For more specific parts we’ve got the Extra Options in the design tab:
- 1. Choose the icon of the web page.
- 2. Select whether you want rounded corners or not.
- 3. Here you can remove the branding of Survey Anyplace at the down right corner.
- 4. Check this box to show page numbers in the progress bar at the top.
- 5. Decide whether people can go back while taking your survey or not.
- 6. Upload your custom CSS file here. If you'd like to adjust other elements of your design besides the ones in the tab Edit Design, you can change it by using custom CSS. (E.g.: make the answer larger, make buttons out of links,...) Make a CSS or Text-file with the changes you want, and upload it by clicking on the green Choose File button.
More of a visual person? We made a detailed video guide for you!
Ta-da! Have fun gathering your data!