Open Ended questions contain a text box in which respondents can formulate their own answers. This question type is mostly used to get raw and uninfluenced opinions and information.
The respondent can enter 5000 characters in the Open Ended text box. When the limit is almost reached a character countdown appears indicating how many characters the respondent has left.
2 Add an open ended question
Click on the green + Add Question button.
Choose Open Ended.
Now your Open Ended question is added.
Add your question and answers.
- This is your question number. To keep a clear view, you can fold the questions you’re not editing at the moment by clicking on the arrow.
- Changed your mind about the question type? Here you can change it immediately in another type. Your question will remain but your answers will disappear.
- Here you can change the order of your question. Choose which question number you want it to become.
- Copy your question
- Delete your question
- Insert your question here and change the layout using the rich text editor icons. You can find more information about the meaning of these icons and what they do in this text layout document.
- Mandatory: If you make a question mandatory, this means the respondent is obliged to answer the question before moving forward with the survey. In the survey there will appear an ‘*’ when the question is mandatory.
- Media file: Add an image, video, GIF or audio to make your quiz or survey more entertaining.
Tip: Your file has to be under 10 MB. Not to worry, this is already quite a file.
You can also use a YouTube video by pasting a YouTube link here after you’ve pressed the red Add YouTube video button.