Respondents (personalize the survey/quiz URL)
Survey Anyplace offers the possibility to enter respondents in the system before launching a survey or campaign (for more information about Campaigns, click here.). A respondent is a person that is invited to participate in the survey or campaign. Defining the respondents upfront offers following possibilities:
- Each respondent receives a unique URL (link) to the survey or campaign. Through the unique code in the link, the system automatically identifies the respondent.
- For campaigns containing different surveys, the respondent is directed to the active survey(s), without having to enter his/her credentials (name, unique code, employee number, ..) each time.
1 Creating Respondents
Open the respondents page by clicking on Respondents in the menu on the left and choose Overview.
Creating respondents can be done either manually, or by uploading a file containing the respondents data.
To create respondents manually, click on Create new Respondent.
Following menu will open.
Enter a value for following fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email (optional): e-mail address
- External ID (optional): use this field to identify the respondent with an ID of your choice. This could also be an ID of an in-house CRM system or other application.
- Group: If you're planning on sending the invitation to the survey via the app you can indicate to which group the respondent belongs.
Now click the Create respondent button.
Note that the list of fields is kept limited, because the detailed data of the respondent will typically not be kept in Survey Anyplace, but in a dedicated contact management, email marketing or CRM system.
The system automatically adds following fields for each respondent:
- Id: this is an internal (Survey Anyplace) number for the respondent
- Unique Identifier: this is a string of characters which is uniquely linked to this respondent.
Import your Respondents by clicking on Import Respondents. Here you upload a CSV file with the respondents you'd like to add. You obtain this CSV file by entering the First Name, Last Name, Email, External ID and Group (If you want to add this respondent to two groups separate your group by '|': Group1|Group2) into an Excel file. Mind that the order of the columns are important, when you don't enter an External ID there should be an empty column before the column of the Group. If the Group doesn't exit yet it will be created by uploading the CSV file. When you're done click on Save As and choose CSV as filetype.
Select the file and click on Upload & Import Respondents. The system will mass-upload all respondents from the file.
2 Using respondents in campaigns and surveys
To identify the respondents in a campaign or survey, use the respondent identifier as parameter in the URL as follows:
- Using the email address: surveyanyplace.com/p/csc/?rid=EM_jdoe@gmail.com
- Using the internal id: surveyanyplace.com/p/csc/?rid=INT_1297
- Using the external id: surveyanyplace.com/p/csc/?rid=EXT_E7458
- Using the unique identifier: surveyanyplace.com/p/csc/?rid=UID_M9KKH5U8j
For maximal safety, the use of the unique identifier is recommended because it's value cannot be 'guessed'. The respondent portal and the underlying surveys look exactly the same whether they are launched with a respondent identifier or without (anonymous mode):
When a respondent has completed a survey/quiz, this becomes visible in the Respondent Portal:
To see all respondents for a campaign, go to Campaigns Overview, and click on the View Respondents button for the campaign.
This displays the respondents, along with the total score (if a score was added to the survey/quiz) and the progress. The progress is the number of surveys/quizzes already taken by the respondent vs. the total number of surveys/quizzes in the campaign.