Respondents (personalize the survey/quiz URL)
Survey Anyplace offers the possibility to enter respondents in the system
before launching a survey or campaign (for more information about Campaigns, click here
.). A respondent is a person that is invited to participate in the survey or campaign
. Defining the respondents upfront offers following possibilities:
- Each respondent receives a unique URL (link) to the survey or campaign. Through the unique code in the link, the system automatically identifies the respondent.
- For campaigns containing different surveys, the respondent is directed to the active survey(s), without having to enter his/her credentials (name, unique code, employee number, ..) each time.
1 Creating RespondentsOpen
the respondents page
by clicking on Respondents
in the menu on the left and choose Overview
can be done either manually,
or by uploading
a file containing
data.To create respondents manually, click on Create new Respondent.
Following menu will open.Enter
for following fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email (optional): e-mail address
- External ID (optional): use this field to identify the respondent with an ID of your choice. This could also be an ID of an in-house CRM system or other application.
- Group: If you're planning on sending the invitation to the survey via the app you can indicate to which group the respondent belongs.
Now click the Create respondent
button.Note that the list of fields is kept limited, because the detailed data of the respondent will typically not be kept in Survey Anyplace, but in a dedicated contact management, email marketing or CRM system.
The system automatically adds
for each respondent:
- Id: this is an internal (Survey Anyplace) number for the respondent
- Unique Identifier: this is a string of characters which is uniquely linked to this respondent.
by clicking on Import Respondents
. Here you upload
the respondents you'd like
file by entering
Name, Last Name, Email, External ID and Group (If you want to add this respondent to two groups separate your group by '|': Group1|Group2)
into an Excel
file. Mind that the order
of the columns
when you don't enter an External ID there should be an empty column
before the column of the Group. If the Group doesn't exit yet it will be created by uploading the CSV file. When you're done click on Save As
and choose CSV
Select the file and click on Upload & Import Respondents
. The system will mass-upload all respondents from the file.
2 Using respondents in campaigns and surveys
in a campaign
or survey, use
the respondent identifier
in the URL
- Using the email address: surveyanyplace.com/p/csc/?cf1=EM_jdoe@gmail.com
- Using the internal id: surveyanyplace.com/p/csc/?cf1=INT_1297
- Using the external id: surveyanyplace.com/p/csc/?cf1=EXT_E7458
- Using the unique identifier: surveyanyplace.com/p/csc/?cf1=UID_M9KKH5U8j
For maximal safety,
of the unique identifier
because it's value cannot be 'guessed'
. The respondent portal and the underlying surveys look exactly the same whether they are launched with a respondent identifier or without (anonymous mode):
When a respondent
this becomes visible in
the Respondent Portal:
To see all respondents for a campaign, go to Campaigns Overview
, and click on the View Respondents
button for the campaign.
the respondents, along with
the total score
(if a score was added to the survey/quiz) and the progress.
The progress is the number
of surveys/quizzes already taken by the respondent vs
. the total number of surveys/quizzes
in the campaign.