Text Choice is used when you ask a question and present the possible answers to your respondent.
There are several extra possibilities for Text Choice: You can make your question multiple choice, a quiz question, add a minimum and maximum to the answers,… More information about these features will follow below. First: how to add a Text Choice.
2 Add a text choice
Click on the green + Add Question button.
Choose Text Choice.
Now your Text Choice is added.
Add your question and answers.
- This is your question number. To keep a clear view, you can fold the questions you’re not editing at the moment by clicking on the arrow.
- Changed your mind about the question type? Here you can change it immediately in another type. Your question will remain but your answers will disappear.
- Here you can change the order of your question. Choose which question number you want it to become.
- Copy your question
- Delete your question
- Insert your question here and change the layout using the rich text editor. Learn more about the different icons here.
- Add as many answers as you like by clicking the Add Text Answer button and typing the possible answers.
4 Extra options
4.1 Multiple answers
When you switch multiple answers to Yes, Min/Max answers appears. Here you can choose if you want your respondents to choose a certain number of answer.
Tip: It’s advised to mention the number of answers needed in the question in order that the respondents know immediately how many answers to indicate.
When your question is multiple choice, the check-boxes will be squares instead of bullets.
If you make a question mandatory, this means the respondent is obliged to answer the question before moving forward with the survey.
If you select Yes on this option, the answers of that specific question will be shuffled every time the survey is opened.
Tip: This is a good option for a quiz where you don’t want respondents looking at each others answers.
4.4 Quiz Question
When you make a question a quiz question, you will be able to select the right answer (or answerS in case of multiple choice). This way the respondent will receive a score based on the quiz questions at the end of the survey/quiz.
When the respondents receive there score, they also have the possibility to take a look at the right answers. Underneath these answers you can show an explanation for the correct answer.
4.5 Additional Text
Additional Text gives the respondent an extra text box to specify or leave an extra comment if necessary.
4.6 Media file
Add an image, video, GIF or audio to make your quiz or survey more entertaining.
Tip: Your file has to be under 10 MB.