when you have a whole lot (more than 15) of possible answers respondents
When you have more
than 250 characters or more
than 15 options
, you have to use
a typeahead instead
of a Dropdown
(Form Question). Also when you have a lot of elements/answers it's better to use a Typeahead since you can just upload
a .csv of .txt file
instead of entering all the elements one by one.Respondents
in the list
the first letters
of the word
they are looking for,
then only the corresponding answers will appear.
For example if the respondent is looking for their country, he/she can type the first letters of their country and the countries with the same letters will appear. The Typeahead can also be used for states, departments, ...
2 Add a typeaheadClick
on the green +Add First Question
button and choose Typeahead.
Now you have your Typeahead to work with.
3 Enter your question, label and listUpload
your list with answers
on Choose File.
Your file should be a .txt or .csv file.
(Create a csv file by working in Excel and choosing 'save as', 'csv'.)
This is how your Typeahead will look like:
When respondents start typing
they see the possible answers
with the letters
they are typing.
3 Extra settings
- Insert your question here and change the layout using the rich text editor icons. More information about the meaning of these icos and what they do here.
- This is the label just above the Typeahead. Once you have uploaded your file and saved your changes your list of answers will show here.
- If you'd like to ask additional information add an additional text.
- Media file: Add an image, video, gif or audio to make your quiz or survey more entertaining.Tip: Your file has to be under 10mb. Not to worry, this is already quite a file.Add YouTube video: Paste a YouTube link here to easily insert a video.
- Mandatory: If you make a question mandatory, this means the respondent is obliged to answer the question before moving forward with the survey. In the survey there will appear an ‘*‘ when the question is mandatory.