How to make your content generate 40% more leads with assessments
What if you could create assessments that increase engagement with 78%?
And that generate a WHOPPING 40% more leads?
Find out how to make your interactive content a success, without spending a lot of time or money.
Watch the video here
Not in the mood for a video? Here are the main takeaways.
… And a bonus tip!
Key takeaways from the webinar
1. Use assessments to stand out from the crowd
There’s a load of information online and more is added daily.
Did you know that approximately 27 million pieces of content are shared each day?
People are overwhelmed and become less engaged, as there is no perfect way of filtering out the irrelevant info.
Assessments can be used (in B2B and B2C) to share content with your audience that you can make relevant and highly personal. By creating profiles that apply to a user’s personality, or by leading your customer to a certain product segment for example.
Talking about examples, try an example assessment:
How to stand out from the crowd?
Simple, provide these 3 key elements in your assessments:
- Make sure people learn something. This can be either in a more fun, playful way (discovering if you’re a shopaholic for example) or in a more serious way (“I want to register for an online course, which one is best suited for me”).
- Keep it short and sweet, make it fun. It’s not always appropriate to use jokes and silly GIFs, but there’s always room for a human touch. Build your questions around the idea that you’re having a one-on-one conversation with your respondent. This also translates into a real interactive approach.There are many options to make your assessment more interactive and personal (more on that a bit later).
- People want to win stuff, so incentivize. Why should people engage with your content and not that of another? Easy: because they can get something out of it. Make it clear that readers are getting more than they are giving. And an incentive doesn’t necessarily have to be an actual prize.Lower the threshold for people to take part in the assessment by offering coupons, access to special content (which is highly relevant for them!), by letting them learn something about themselves in the process, … You’ll be surprised by how willing people are to share their content in return for something that is of value to them.
2. Why it’s useful to work with assessments
Because they feel like a game!
People are curious by nature and a key success factor of assessments is that you can reward them with the information they want to know while claiming their full attention.
The content you want to share is automatically chopped up in more digestible blocks. This helps lower the amount of effort you need from your users to get you content across. It’ll automatically stimulate you to interact with your audience in an easier, more upbeat way.
Unlike a regular blog post, people cannot skip through your content all the way to the end with a single glance and miss the point of your message. In a friendly way, you force them through the entire process to reward them with a specific outcome at the end. Resulting in much higher response rates!
Due to the fun, game-like aspects and because it stimulates human curiosity, assessments are a perfect tool to access new audiences and get insights into lesser-known segments of your audience.
3. Tips to build your assessment to make it generate up to 40% more leads
There are quite a few easy functionalities that you can implement into your assessments to increase the engagement and stimulate lead generation.
Want to see how these tips work in an actual example? Try the assessment that we used during the webinar.
- Design: Using the Survey Anyplace tool you can easily adapt the entire layout of your questionnaires. It’s important that your assessment reflects the personality of your brand.
- Multimedia: Make questions more ‘fun’ by adding multimedia such as animated gifs, images or embedded videos.
- Question types: It’s important to not only ask the right questions but also to use the right question type. This will give you the best and most actionable data. To hit the ground running, use this list of all possible question types and how to use them.
- Skip Logic: Personalize by adding some skip logic into your assessment. With this feature you can, based on a certain answer, show a follow-up question or relevant info and skip certain other questions. Its main benefit is that you only ask that info which is necessary or that you share only that which is of use to a particular respondent.
- Share other content: Make sure it’s relevant, and only share at the end of your assessment. Don’t lead people away from your current survey unless you got all the data you need.
- Incentives: A fun and easily implemented prize-draw is the digital scratch card. There are a couple of ways to use it smartly:
– If you’re handing out coupons, send it to the email address you already asked of them during the assessment.
– If you’re planning on adding those emails to your mailing list, ask for an opt-in.
– Generate a verification code for your coupon to avoid people using a coupon more than once
Work with ‘piping’ to create an ultra-personal interactive experience. Take a look at the image below to see how it works and learn how to implement it yourself.
Assessments are an easy and quick way to create interactive content.
Want to know how it can work for you?
Ask us! Via firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you like this post? Sharing is caring!