There are plenty of free survey tools available online, like SurveyGizmo or Zoho Survey. While they technically run on iPad, they lack more powerful iPad survey tool features such as offline responses and swiping through questions. An iPad can be an excellent offline and online survey tool when combined with software that’s built specifically to work beautifully on this platform. For good reason, these devices have changed the tablet market forever, as they offer several key advantages:
- The stability and reliability of the iPad and its operating system
- The portability of a tablet
- A familiar and trusted user experience
By either setting an iPad up at a fixed kiosk or passing it along to a responder, iPad surveys offer immediate feedback that’s translated into solid data.
Whether to build a custom native app or build an online survey tool using HTML5 is a common question for businesses today. In terms of the features and customization available, apps offer definite advantages. They can also access the full range of features on most devices more easily. However, this all comes at a cost. Native apps are comparatively expensive to develop. While HTML5 has been catching up in features, it still offers a very affordable option for developers who don’t want customers to have to install a full app. For our survey platform, we’ve chosen to develop survey tools with HTML5 because it provides an app-like experience, along with all the functions a good survey application requires. Additionally, it increases survey response rates by not requiring respondents to install an app.
The ease of creating applications with HTML5 is great, but only when it comes with all the features your business needs. Here are some key ones:
- Full offline survey functionality is enormously important. There’s no reason to have to rely on event wi-fi for your data collection. The platform allows you to collect your results offline and have the data transferred as soon as the device is connected again.
- Automatic responsive design means that your quizzes and surveys look great on any screen.
- Custom colors, icons and survey formats make sure your finished product matches your imagination and brand identity.
- White label surveys, with custom URLs and the ability to incorporate your own branding throughout, make these surveys ideal options for agencies or organisations wanting the look and feel of a completely customized survey.
- Interactive content and widgets like digital scratch cards and a slot machine make your surveys and quizzes fun and engaging.
Today’s HTML5 is capable of offering all of these features, resulting in surveys that are more affordable and uniquely engaging.