First, let’s talk numbers
Before we begin our short but sweet exposé, we thought we’d share a few interesting stats with you. For instance, did you know that:
- 7 in 10 marketing managers believe consumer satisfaction is an important metric to manage and monitor a business’ progress?
- Zappos, an online retailer known for its extremely high customer satisfaction rate, reports that 70 to 75 procent of its sales stem from purchased made by returning customers. Additionally, loyal Zappos customers tend to order more than two times the amount they ordered as first-time customers.
The importance of consumer satisfaction
Need more convincing? No problem! There are plenty of reasons why consumer satisfaction is important:
1. Stakeholders cost more to gain than to retain
Attracting new people
is more expensive than keeping the ones you already have. It’s only logical: a friendly smile doesn’t cost your organization a dime. Launching an ad campaign to acquire new visitors, however, does.
2. A satisfied visitor is likely to become a loyal stakeholder
Sure, your organization may outperform the competition in more than one way. But if you really want your stakeholders to stick with you
, you can’t ignore consumer satisfaction. If people are not satisfied with the overall way you handle things, they will simply move on.
- Did you know? Rather than pushing customer service to make a sale and then hang up the phone as quickly as possible, Zappos encourages them to establish an emotional connection with the customers they talk to. It doesn’t even matter if they sell something or not. Zappos is even known to help potential customers purchase products from rival companies if they don’t have the items in stock themselves.
3. Measuring success and measuring consumer satisfaction go hand in hand
Reaching all your goals and meeting all your deadlines is great. But what if your target audience actually prefers a different approach? Unless you measure consumer satisfaction, you can never be sure if you’re as successful as you think you are
Curious to see how satisfied your stakeholders really are?
Start measuring consumer satisfaction today! Creating an online survey with Survey Anyplace
is fast and easy.